Who we are
Connect X Media
Connect X Media Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the HIX Event www.hixevent.com (the “Service”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is Connect X Media Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 12080403
When you register for an event
By completing our registration form, the contact data you have provided will be used to facilitate your entry to the event and may be processed by third parties to achieve this. Your data is never given to these third parties and is processed solely for the purpose of facilitating your entry. Your badge will be scanned at the entrance to the event upon your arrival. This scan of your badge is for analytical and health and safety purposes only and no data is transferred to any other parties.
During your visit to HIX, you may also be scanned by one or more exhibitors or at our theatres in order for them to follow up and provide you with further relevant information. Your badge will not be scanned without your consent however by allowing your badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or theatre host, you consent to us sharing your contact data with that exhibitor or the sponsor of the theatre. Your contact data will not be shared unless you consent to having your badge scanned.
The information we collect and how we may use it
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Contact Data: contact data is information you provide to us in order to complete your event registration and includes your name, email address, phone number, postal address, job title, and company.
Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone , for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, job title, company name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
We may collect, for the purposes of any events that we operate badged access for, information about your location in and engagement with the event. For example, for certain events, access will be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event.. In this situation we will collect information about when you enter the event and which sponsors you have engaged with.
Data collected about your interests and demographic are collected so that we can tailor our event and communicate relevant content to better suit your requirements and help your get the most out of attending our events.
We may collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies.
Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
The legal basis we work to
The law on data protection sets out various reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal and company data, these include:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
- For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters or take out a free or paid subscription.
- When collecting your personal data, we will make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
- In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with contractual obligations.
- For example, if you are exhibiting at our exhibition we will need to send you the exhibition manual or visitor tickets for your own customers.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting our business and / or its products to law enforcement.
- In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available offers, or specific marketing opportunities such as the availability of features or new events.
- We also keep the buying history of many customers to ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
We will also use your address details and details of our contacts at your company to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
Copy and artwork
We will also use your address details and details of our contacts at your company or organisation to allow us to remind you about copy required for advertising or editorial or directory entries, or other marketing purposes.
Your rights over your personal data
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Connect X Media UK Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Connect X Media UK Ltd relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, we will endeavour to ensure that any such service provider adheres to their obligations of security with regards to your data as undertaken by us.
We will share personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Your use of our web site indicates your consent to the cookies described in our cookies policy, which can be found at http://www.hixevent..com/cookie-policy.
The type of information collected using cookies may include the following:
- information about your device, operating system and IP address;
- your login information;
- browser type and version;
- information about your visit, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information; and
- email response tracking.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
By email: email@example.com